- Blackened Out – A blog devoted to eating in New Orleans
- NOLA Cuisine – A blog about cooking traditional New Orleans food.
- Google Earth – The most powerful piece of free GIS software available. Download it and be amazed at the amount of cars in your backyard.
- LSU Atlas - Louisiana State University’s geospatial database. Includes a few years worth of aerial photographs, LIDAR elevation data and more.
- USDA Geospatial Data Gateway – United States Department of Agriculture’s Geospatial Data. Includes tons of great aerial photographs, census data, roads and loads of other great GIS data.
- William T. Block, Jr. Historian – A historian that wrote about east Texas and Western Louisiana history. Some fascinating articles.
More Gulf Coast Blogs!
- Adventures of A Yankee In Cajun Country – Local travel/adventure blog from a writer from the northeast who moved to Louisiana
- I Love Shelling – Both a shelling enthusiast and reference blog based out of Sanibel, FL. I use this site for ID’ing shells.